Monday, January 11, 2010

jan 9/pi to the es to the e and gi :)





it's a special day this saturday is... it's the day i meet up with my college friends and reminiscence :)
it's our yearly camp out. so every year, we gather for a weekend camp out to welcome the new student... well we're welcoming them in our own way :)
but to me, it's not about the new students, it's about seeing familiar friendly faces. the faces i knew for almost ten years now. it is bittersweet though, being with college friends. it reminded me of yari, somewhat. but hey, it's the past... he's happy now i bet :) and i know we weren't meant to be.
anyway.... i got the chance to meet 25 bright new souls. kinda proud of them in a way, i mean coming out to camp out with a bunch of alumni, and we are not the nicest seniors on earth at times :) but hey, we're fun though. it brought up a lot of memories. for all 10 years, i've been to 4 camp outs, when i was a freshman (i hardly had fun at the time, but it's a never-ending topic of conversation of our class, because we had a lot of highlights and funny moments), when i was sophomore (because i have to be in the committee... gosh lemme tell you, it's MUCH more tiring than if you're a freshman, you got pushed around more when you're the committee), and then i never got to go when i was still in college, because my mom wouldn't let me. and finally i started going again in 2007 until this year, never missed a year. and thank god they are having a camp out nearby my house now, so i can just drive up there :)

being with my college friends gave me a lot of perspective. awaken my old dreams, and give me a lot of boost up. i want these kids to be proud to be geographer. i want these kids to know what kind of options do they have once they graduated.

and it's great meeting my classmates again. we always have that bond, some kind of brotherly-sisterly bond. and it was just great.

it was a wonderful weekend, i love my yearly camp out. once a year, it's a great time to hang out with familiar faces.

1 comment:

  1. PERTAMAXX..!!

    eww.. sorry, what's the sound in english.. oh yaa..

    FIRSTAMAX..!! :)

    ReplyDelete