Monday, December 7, 2009

dec 7/phone call from niez

i was driving down to mommy's office to pick her up (yes the pigs are flying, i am able to pick up my mom from her office, imagine that!!!!) and my phone rang. i saw the caller id, and smiled to myself. as always, every year... and i know she would come up with the same excuse. but it's okay, i love her all the same.

so i answered the phone, and the familiar squeaky voice was heard, "babe."

"what's up?"

"what's today's date?"

"the seventh."

"dammit, really, gosh i missed it again, every year!" (and yes, she does this, EVERY YEAR :p)

"it's okay really."

"i remembered the day before, and i kept reminding myself to call you yesterday."

"i know niez, i love you too."

and the rest of the conversation was about life, hers and mine in general (um... more hers than mine :p)

niez is one of my best friend in college. well, me and her always have this weird relationship, we're not THAT close, but we're close enough. she was always 2 steps ahead of me. she has the higher GPA, she graduated before me (i think it was a year before me). she had all these cool jobs while i was still messing around with my final paper. but right now, the luck turned.

it's funny how life turns out. i thought she's going to be this powerful woman @ a company, sexy and taking control of her life. but it didn't turn out that way.

ow well, life has its funny way huh? which reminded me, i was talking to febry, a friend who went with me to my trip to neverland. he told me, "being lucky is so much more valuable than being smart."

and i do believe that with all my heart. me... with my humble gpa, who nobody thought i'm going to make it anywhere, but sitting here, typing on alice, that i bought with my own money (well my mom gave me a loan, i'm paying for it every month :D) have 1 job to pay the bill, 1 job to keep my sanity, and a hobby that could generate cash.

i am thanking God each and everyday for my luck, and for everything i have and everything i don't have.

give sometime to do that with your life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment