Saturday, December 19, 2009

dec 17/ again with the question

mommy asked me "do you really need to keep your job in the radio."
i only looked at her without answering the question.
then she continues, "you do need time for yourself you know."

my heart screams, for the umpteenth time, she asked me to give up my radio job. i've broke up with my longtime boyfriend because he didn't like this job. now she's asking me to give it up. really, it's like taking the ball away from beckham (alright, i exaggerate it a bit... but really).

about 'me' time, my time on the mic is me time. every time i pushed on the fader is me time. every time i'm in my playground, is me time.

this is what i wanted to do in my life. it was supposed to be the only thing that i do, until i have to compromise with her need. and i don't even know why she kept asking me to give it up. because if i do, i'd loose half of me. worse than breaking up with a guy (trust me, i've done it too many times for my lifetime... i don't get people who date around, really, because it's hard to break up)

ow well... i'm keeping the mic, as long as i can. but when the time comes to give it up, i'll give it up. you can't stay young forever right :)

No comments:

Post a Comment