Monday, March 8, 2010

refugee

i'm hiding
i'm hiding from the real world that's chasing me
i'm running from everything that bothers me
i'm cowering under the rock hoping they all go away

i'm hiding
i'm running away from your face and your memories
i'm shutting down all the windows
to a dark cave no one finds

but no matter where i go
no matter how low i crouched down the earth
no matter how dark the place get
you're always there

floating around next to me
crouching down as low as me
lingering in the dark, giving speck of light on my cave

but you never intended to light up the place
just for a tease
to remind me
how bright my world was with you

but i couldn't catch you
you couldn't fill me
my cave's still dark
and i'm still running away

away from you
from your eyes
your thoughts
your scent

from everything....
that's you

No comments:

Post a Comment