Tuesday, March 9, 2010

feb 22/the sincerity of human heart

i remember when chris rock was on oprah, he was complimented for not having an entourage. and he said, "the people is right here (he put his hand up close his face) not there, and having entourage around me, would prevent me to get close to the people."

well put mr. rock!

i felt that this week, as i was back enjoying the public transportation again in this country. i have forgotten how nice people can actually be. see, for more than 3 years, i've been cooped up in my car most of my time. i drove around by myself, spending approximately 5 hrs alone everyday, can you see how numb i've become? :p

you might laugh at this, but at times, i forgot how to interact with people. well i know the basic, smile, polite nod, and stuff. but i forgot, that sometimes, strangers can be nice to the other strangers.

and THAT slapped me today. i've prepared to be a loner on the train. armed with my ipod and a sookie stackhouse novel, i just don't talk to stranger. but this woman tapped me, and made me regret that i see strangers as this harsh creatures, because she gave me a seat. a seat, when i need it the most.

oh god, from this point on, i will always remember, that human are still sincere at times, and strangers are not that bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment