Monday, November 24, 2014

about a child

you are where my sun rises
you are where it sets
you're my best wishes
bundled up in a perfect package

you're a reminder
of my mortality
a humble reminder
what will be left of me

though i can mold you
to be what i desire
you are you
and i wish for nothing less

though i can steer you
to whatever golden road i've paved for you
eventually you will choose
whatever gravel road you want to travel

even when i think i know what's best for you
you will know what's better
i hope when the time comes
i remember that little fact

you are my biggest hope
my dreams, and my legacy
i know that you are you
but there is always pieces of me in you
that you carry
for a reminder

that you are where my sun rises
and you are where it sets

jkt 141124

No comments:

Post a Comment