Thursday, May 31, 2012

give 'em hell

my new jam... 'the fighter' by gym class heroes.  i never care much for this bunch, i mean, their first song that i remember from them was 'clothes off'.  not exactly my cup of tea.  but when i heard this song for the first time in E!, they were premiering the video.  the lyrics just made me stand 10 feet tall.  especially the hook by ryan tedder... the man cannot sing jack shit live (have you seen him live lately... terrible) but he sure can write lyrics :p

the whole song is like a wake up call, to just live on.  it's a perfect song to jog to.  a perfect goodbye song for patrick :p and also the perfect song to catch on my dream.  i mean, not saying what i got right now is not enough, it is more than enough.  but it was only part one of the dream, i still have that yellow brick road that i laid out so carefully.  i still have to achieve that goal.  that one is kinda selfish, it was for me and myself only.  but i hope, truly hope, you would be there for me nonetheless.  and i hope we can reach the goal together :)

in the meantime, imma sing 'the fighter' and fight on!!!

*half the population just waiting to see me fail, yeah right you're better off trying to freeze hell...until the referee rings the bell, until both of your eyes start to swell, until the crowd goes home what we're gonna do y'all??? give 'em hell!!!*

No comments:

Post a Comment