Wednesday, January 11, 2012

meeting the witch

it's no secret that i LOVE wicked... i love the book, the story, and i love elphaba. like betty suarez said "a green socially awkward witch... hey look at me!"

i relate closely to elphaba, i love her! and when ugly betty introduced me to the musical (i know sue me, i know the musical from ugly betty) i was immediately hooked. i searched for the performance, downloaded 'defying gravity' and know the words like passage from the holy book.

when i found out that wicked is playing in singapore, i was stoked. i mean, it's so close, i HAVE to go. well, due to my financial situation at the moment, it's kinda out of the question. i mean the trip and tickets and lodging would take at least 2 months of my salary... that's AT LEAST. so i didn't even try. because i don't want to end up in stacks of debt anymore. but i guess if you want something so bad, there's always a way huh? it so happened that my company is taking a year-end-trip to singapore. and the stars aligned... it seems that i'm going after all...

the trip was postponed a couple of time, i almost thought i won't get to see the musical... but at last we went!!! and i was stoked. i mean, at last, i'm going to go and see the green witch in person (well sort of).

so the day came, when i stepped in the theater and looked at the stage i have to take a deep breath. at last! (i know dorky right?) and it wasn't like the best seat in the house or anything... it's nosebleed seats (can i use that term for seeing a musical or is it strictly sport-related? ow well...) anyway, i can't wait and once the guy announced the usual announcement about photography and recording are strictly not permitted i sat right up.

as the orchestra began, the monkeys came out, the citizen of oz started singing 'she's dead!' i didn't sit back once for the whole 2 something hours.

see i love 'defying gravity' and can't wait for it to come out. but that's kinda all i know from the playbill. well, that and 'for good' and 'as long as you're mine'. but i haven't heard the other songs... and i'm truly in love with 'what is this feeling' and 'not that girl' it's on high rotation on my cd player :)

all in all, i would say one of the highlight in my adult life, that would be seeing the wicked witch in person... for i am an avid apprentice :)

on a side note, not fully related to the subject.... i just realize, i'm kinda a musical dork :p i would blame this to my parents, who supplied me with sounds of music, the king and i, and chitty chitty bang bang in my childhood. and during my high school freshmen year, this senior, lucas something (i forgot his last name) he introduced me to 'phantom of the opera' as he sang 'music of the night' to me (well not in the romantic way, it was more he show off how cool the song was) and i just become a musical geek. true i'm not like all-informed. but i'm a big sucker for musical. i just realized that as i went on and on to my friend when i was picking up the musical soundtrack cds and she was just looking at me with a weird look... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment