Friday, April 22, 2011

now it's your turn

you've stood there
with your boom-box blasting 'in your eyes'
but i stay still

my cave still sealed shut
i didn't budge

you've sent love letters
quoting shakespeare and emily dickinson
but i pushed you away

at times i looked over my window
just to find out you're still there
still smiling back at me

and then you disappeared
sometime too long
but somehow
you came back

after all the bitterness i gave you
with dragon bites all over
you came back

yet i remained unmoved
still stubbornly sealing shuts
all entrance to the cave

but now, it's me
who stood out here
outside your house
holding out the boom-box
blasting out 'in your eyes'

it's me
looking at your window
hoping you peer out
so i can give you a smile

because, after all these years
i finally realized
it's you!
it's always you!

but i've been silent too long
and you're tired
but i'm still here
with my boom-box blasting 'in your eyes'
with my own words
saying how do i love thee
hoping that you'll take a chance with me

1 comment:

  1. the story is nice. I wonder if this reflects your own one, chị Ayu? :)

    ReplyDelete